Advantages of buying an used car
Some points to consider when you are wondering if you should buy an used car:
1. The biggest advantage of buying a used car is that you let someone else take the biggest depreciation hit on the car. On average, a new car loses between 20 and 30 percent of its value the moment it rolls off the dealer's lot. Some cars can depreciate up to 50 percent in the first three years.
2. You may be able to sell your car for nearly the same amount you paid for it in the next few years. You can still find good financing options through your local bank or credit union, and because you are not losing the money on depreciation, you may come out ahead of a zero interest loan that you would take out on a new car.
3. When you buy a used car, it is easier to save up and pay cash.
4. You can also review the Consumer Reports and choose a model that has been performing well. Here is this years top 10 picks https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-best-cars-top-picks-2018/
5. Another advantage is that your insurance rates will be lower on a used car as opposed to a new one. If you are in your early twenties and paying high insurance rates because of your age, this may be significant savings.
If you are in the market for an used car, why not come to Judine Motors in Boksburg. We have been selling used cars for more than 18 years and can give you valued advice.